Monday, March 10, 2008

The ceremonial first post

Hi. I'm a fat girl. I’m fat. Obese. Roly-Poly. Chunky. Big boned. Pleasantly Plump. Find a term that works for you and use it. I prefer fat, but call it what you want. I recently read a heart breaking post on a website I frequent. It was a cry for help from a young, overweight mother totally struggling with her lack of weight loss. It really spoke to me, so I decided to do what any other woman in her 30’s with two small children, a husband, part time job and endless domestic responsibilities would do…I started this blog.

I decided to start this blog for many different reason . 1. I love to write. I really do. I always have. I have wanted to do something with my writing almost my entire life. And now, thanks to Al Gore, I have that opportunity. Thank you Al for inventing the internet. Side Note: Al Gore lovers and supporters please don’t be offended. I have nothing against Al Gore or anyone named Al really. Honestly, he did a great job with Slick Willy, whom I love and adore! This isn’t the place for political debates. This is about food and being fat, let’s move on. So I love to write. I don’t pretend to be good at it; I just know I enjoy doing it. So, reason #1 to start a blog….I write.

So now that I have tapped into my passion of writing the question is what do I write about? This is where being fat comes into play. How about I write about being fat and my journey to be, well, not so fat? Sounded good to me. I’m guessing you all would say the number one reason why you’re fat is because of what you eat. Whether it is the kind of food or the quantity of food, it all boils down to food. Which brings me to addiction #2. I am addicted to FOOD! Not just eating it, but cooking it, reading about it, watching other people cook and eat it. If it has to do with food I’m so there! I absolutely love to cook. I hate figuring out what to cook, but I love the process. I love chopping and mincing and dicing and slicing and grating and mixing and scooping and measuring…I love it all. I especially love it when I make something my entire family will eat. That doesn’t happen very often, sadly. I’m sure you mom’s of picky eaters can relate. So, I thought I might incorporate into this blog my love of food. I know there are several blogs that touch on this subject and one I particularly love. But quite honeslty, to a fat girl, her cooking blog, is quite literally the devil! That’s all I’m going to say about that. Believe it or not this food addiction leads right into #3 on my list….photography.

I love, love, love to take pictures. Sad thing is I really suck at it. I shake and can’t get things into focus. If you’ve been in a picture I’ve taken chances are you’ve had your head chopped off or an arm and foot or some extremity. So, if you can be patient with me while I work on my photography skills I will post random pictures well, randomly. How about that?! I just joined a photography group and hope to actually make it to a meeting one of these days. So there is a possiblity my photography skills could possibly get better!

In a nutshell, I want this blog to be real. I want you to realize that I too face the same challenges you face each and everyday. You are not alone. I also need to know that I am not alone. This requires interaction. I want to know you’re out there. If you have a great recipe you want me to try, let me know what it is and I will try it. We can lose the weight; learn to cook healthy, nutritious foods together! What are friends for after all?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Well from one fat girl to another: YOU GO GIRL!
Hopefully we'll both be healthier and a little lighter in the end! I'm in it till the end sista!

Fatina George said...

Keep posting!

Angela said...

Well, we have a some things in common. I LOVE food and suck at pictures.

But judging by your ad above, so tasty looking by the way, I'm bookmarking it, you take pics just fine. :)

angela
http://thesuburbanjungle.blogspot.com